Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tomatoes, Tomatoes, EVERYWHERE!


This is the time of year that garden tomatoes seem to be coming out of our ears! They are EVERYWHERE! Are you wondering how to use them? Here are a couple I have been hooked on lately.....

Eggs and Tomato Soup (sounds gross but is very delicious and filling). My sister-in-law and parents live in Atlanta and are of Asian decent. They own a popular Asian restaurant. I made up my own version of the recipe she made for us one time. This serves 1-2 people so you may want to double or triple it for more people.

3 large garden tomatoes, diced
2 egg whites
1 tsp Mrs. Dash (or other seasoning)
dash of pepper
splenda or truvia to your liking
(you also may add cubed tofu and chopped green/white onions)

In a frying pan cook eggs. Add everything else and let simmer 5 minutes.

Easy Italian Tomatoes
For this one there is really no recipe. All I do is chop up some garden tomatoes and drizzle Kraft's Zesty Italian dressing over the top and toss. I have added diced avocados and chopped up raw squash like yellow or and zucchini before. It was very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment