Monday, May 23, 2011
1 bottle Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
3 or 4 tomatoes on the vine (cut up)
1 tub feta cheese
4 to 6 chicken breasts (frozen)
Directions: Place all ingredients in crockpot on high for 4 hours. I've found if you do it for 8 hours the chicken tends to dry out. Serve over rice.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Sunday, May 15, 2011
This is a yummy main dish. You won't really need any side dishes with this meal because it has everything in it!
1 lb hamburger or ground turkey
1/2 cup diced onion
1/2 cup diced celery
1 small can sliced olives
1 tsp salt
1 can of diced tomatoes
2 cup uncooked wide noodles
1 cup diced cheese
1 diced carrot
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1 cup frozen corn, drained and thawed
Cook hamburger, onion, celery, carrot, and bell pepper for five minutes until onion is translucent and hamburger is cooked well. Drain grease from skillet. Add remaining ingredients; stir lightly. Cover and cook slowly for 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Thursday, May 12, 2011
1/2 cup chicken stock (broth)
1/2 cup apricot preserves
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lb roma tomatoes, cut into 1” pieces
6 basil leaves, cut into 1/2” pieces
1 tsp garlic pepper
Salt to taste
Garlic Herb Seasoning:
3 tsp garlic pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 bunch asparagus (remove bottom inch of stems)
1/2 lb broccoli florets
1Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Chopped parsley to garnish
- COMBINE Garlic Herb Seasoning ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- BLEND chicken stock and apricot preserves in a sauce pan. Add salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- COMBINE tomatoes, basil, garlic pepper and salt in a separate mixing bowl and set aside.
- BLANCH asparagus and broccoli for 1 minute in a pot of salted boiling water. Transfer immediately to ice bath to stop cooking.
- COAT sauté pan with 1Tbsp olive oil. While keeping ingredients separated in pan, heat cooled asparagus, broccoli and tomato mixture and until hot. Do not overcook.
- GRILL chicken until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- PLACE grilled chicken on a platter next to hot broccoli and asparagus. Sprinkle Garlic Herb Seasoning on broccoli. Pour tomato mixture on top of vegetables.
- TOP chicken breasts with apricot sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.