Saturday, November 12, 2011

Healthier Chicken Salad


I like to buy rotisserie chicken from Costco because its an easy meal. I am always looking for recipes to use the leftover chicken pieces. I came across this one while sitting in the doctors office this week and wanted to give it a whirl. Filling and delish!!

1/4 c. greek yogurt
1 tbsp light mayo
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 packet truvia (opt.)
2 cups rotisserie chicken (you can also use 1 can of chicken, drained, the Kirkland brand from Costco)
1 cup red grapes, halved
1/2 c sliced almonds (I used walnuts because I had it on hand)
1 mango, diced (opt.)
chopped romaine

In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder and salt. Fold in chicken, mangom grapes and nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or more. Place lettuce on plate and place chicken mixture on top.

I also have a wonderful Chicken Noodle Soup recipe using Costco's rotisserie chicken I made up coming soon.......

If you like more healthy recipes, check out my blog at http://sweatyornot.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment